- Tax Hacks 2015: Here Are 15 Apps to Make Your Life Less (Income) Taxing
- Don’t Get Stuck Without the Basics: 10 Pantry Staples to Start Any Meal
- Today’s Deals: Monday, Jan. 26
- 20 Simple Hacks to Make Your Stuff Last Longer
- How Losing Your Job Now Can Cost You Social Security Money Later
- Tax Hacks 2015: Avoid These 10 Common Filing Mistakes
Skype lets you make and receive voice calls. Sounds like something your phone already does, right? Wrong. Because with Skype, you don’t have to pay a dime and it won’t use your cell minutes. Calling someone with Skype requires that they also have Skype, but the app is free and fairly easy to set up. Calls use data instead of minutes, so to make sure you don’t have to pay anything, connect your iPhone to a WiFi network. Older iPhone users with unlimited data plans will be able to make free, unlimited calls with Skype over 3G until the end of 2010 (at which point a small monthly fee will be imposed). New iPhone users with limited data plans should be very careful not to exceed their allotments.
Call your Skype contacts wherever you may be – either on 3G or WiFi. It’s completely free to call people on Skype over WiFi, and free on 3G* until the end of 2010.