Tech-savvy careers dominated the University of California San Diego's new career list.
The University of California San Diego has released its 2012 list of Hot Careers for College Graduates. The results are based on current openings, expected job growth over the next decade, average pay, and work environment. The winners…
- Software developers, systems software (Median pay: $94,180)
- Physical therapists and assistants ($76,310)
- Software developers, applications ($87,790)
- Market research analysts/data miners ($60,570)
- Cost estimators ($57,860)
- Database administrators ($73,490)
- Information security analysts ($69,160)
- Web developers ($80,250)
- Computer network architects ($116,250)
- Network and computer systems administrators ($69,160)
For more about what these jobs entail and why they placed, check out the full study.
This is the fourth-annual study, and the results shifted heavily towards technology this year. In 2011, for instance, there was a bigger emphasis on health care jobs, although tech-intense work still placed highly with No. 1 (health information technology), No. 2 (data mining and analytics) and No. 4 (mobile media). 2010 listed 14 top jobs, but its top 10 were similar to 2011’s.