Here’s something to be thankful for: Some people still know when Black Friday is. It’s the day after Thanksgiving.
The Huffington Post and USA Today rounded up a partial list of stores that will stay closed on Thanksgiving Day and ignore the trend to open before everyone’s done digesting turkey. Here are some of the bigger ones:
- Costco will open at 9 a.m. on Friday.
- Sam’s Club will open at 7 a.m. Friday.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club willopen at 7 a.m. Friday.
- Nordstrom‘s opening hours vary by store, but every store is closed on Thanksgiving.
- Dillard’s will open at 8 a.m. Friday.
- T.J. Maxx will open at 7 a.m. Friday.
- Marshall’s will open at 7 a.m. Friday.
- Home Depot will open at 5 a.m. Friday.
- RadioShack will open at 8 a.m. Friday.
- Barnes & Noble‘sopening hours vary by store, but 5 a.m. on Black Friday seems to be the earliest.
Many stores do it out of respect for their employees’ family time, USA Today says. Some, like Home Depot, just don’t feel the pressure to be open on Thanksgiving because they aren’t as dependent on the holidays for sales.
Others have tried it before, only to find out they aren’t really hot Black Friday destinations. BJ’s tried a Thanksgiving Day opening in 2006, Huffington Post says, but decided it wasn’t worth it.
Are you glad or disappointed these stores won’t be open on Thanksgiving? Do you plan to shop at any of them on Black Friday? Comment below or on our Facebook page.