- Make an $8 Air Conditioner, and 4 More Hot Tips for Staying Cool
- 10 Things To Know Before You Book a Cruise
- The 10 Commandments of Wealth and Happiness
- Weapon Designed to Kill Off Phone Theft Proves Lethal
- 10 Things We Spend Way Too Much On, and Cheaper Alternatives
- How to Make Sure Your Data is Wiped from Old Electronics
6. Check Your Brakes
It should go without saying that the rest of your car doesn’t matter much if the brakes don’t work well. If you suspect there’s an issue, go to a brake repair shop and let them have a look.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Your brake pedal is soft and mushy or hard and resistant
- You see a warning light on your dash
- You hear scraping and grinding noises
Of those signs, scraping and grinding is the one to be most concerned about because that means your brake pads or shoes are about gone. Which means you’re about to ruin some other expensive brake parts, not to mention your day when your car doesn’t stop. Check it out immediately.