- Lower Your Cable Bill With Techniques A Hostage Negotiator Uses
- 7 Ways to Build Your Credit Score Without a Credit Card
- How to Get Started Investing When You Don’t Have Much Money
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 8 Ways to Save on Life Insurance
- 13 Steps to Hiring a Contractor Who Won’t Rip You Off
7. Check Your Battery
Summer heat is tough on batteries. Make sure your terminals (the posts that stick up) are clean. One way to clean them is to use a baking soda/water solution. Pour it on, watch it fizz, wipe it off. Make sure your battery is held down securely. Most batteries these days are maintenance-free, meaning you can’t add water to them. But if there are caps to allow it to be filled, check the water level and if it’s low, add distilled (not tap) water.
Happily, batteries are another thing your local auto parts store will check for you, usually free. If in doubt, seek one out.