- Bank Branches Disappearing Across the United States
- FTC: Identity Theft Is Consumers’ Top Complaint; Imposters on the Rise
- Land a Mortgage Like a Pro: Three Easy Steps
- Be Nice: Your Uber Driver Is Giving You a Passenger Rating
- Who’s Downsizing? Not These Retirees
- Whacky Reasons For Delaying Credit Card Payments
I don’t believe in paying retail. But I don’t believe that saving money should be a time-consuming chore that requires you to share personal info or subject your inbox to spam either.
That’s why I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands: so that you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless, but a handful offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize for you here.
- SPIN Magazine: 12 free songs for the October 2011 issue (use iTunes download code MKE3TLF6MAN7) [10/31].
For more free downloads, check out our new Freebies page.
Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Anne Klein (for women): 30 percent off online [10/3].
- Avenue (for plus-size women): 30 percent off your entire purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code AV111264) [10/3]. This deal includes free shipping if you spend $125-plus.
- OneStopPlus.com (for plus-size women): 40 percent off your highest-price item online (use code OSPAVENUE9) [10/5].
- PacSun (for teens and young adults): Additional 50 percent off men’s and women’s markdowns in stores and online [expiration unknown].
- Land’s End (for the whole family): 30 percent off one full-price item online (use code SAVEBIG and PIN 1234) [10/3]. This deal includes free shipping if you spend $50-plus.
- Easy Spirit (comfort shoes for women): 30 percent off your entire purchase in stores (print first) and online [10/3].
- Kids’ shoes: Up to 65 percent off name brands at 6pm.com [10/4].
- Accessories (for women): Additional 20 percent off all clearance belts, handbags, jewelry, sunglasses, wallets, and watches at Relic Brand online (use code RBSALE) [10/9]. Many clearance items are already 50 percent off, so you stand to save 70 percent.
- Accessories (for men): Additional 20 percent off all clearance bags, belts, wallets, and watches at Relic Brand online [10/9]. Many clearance items are already 50 percent off, so you stand to save 70 percent.
- Rings (for women): Up to 50 percent off diamond fashion rings at Kay Jewelers online [10/31]. This offer applies to more than 100 rings, which start at $25.
- Jewelry (for women): Up to 60 percent off floral gemstone jewelry at Amazon.com [10/16]. This includes some really unique designs at hard-to-beat prices.
- Jewelry and watches: Additional 40 percent off at Off 5th stores [10/4].
For the home
- Fertilizer: $15 off a $60-plus purchase of Scotts, Miracle-Gro, ORTHO, or Roundup products at Lowe’s stores and online [10/10]. More than 100 online products quality for this offer online, but selections may vary in stores.
- Kitchenware: Up to 96 percent off during the Tent Sale at Pfaltzgraff online [10/4]. The sale includes more than 1,200 items.
- Food processor: 45 percent off Cuisinart’s elite die-cast 16-cup food processor at Williams-Sonoma online [expiration unknown]. Instead of $545, it’s $300.
- Bedding: 60 percent off clearance bedding during the Anniversary Sale at Lord & Taylor online [expiration unknown].
- Land’s End: 30 percent off one full-price item online (use code SAVEBIG and PIN 1234) [10/3]. This deal includes free shipping if you spend $50-plus.
- Linens ‘n Things: Up to 70 percent off clearance items ranging from bed and bath to furniture and fitness [expiration unknown].