- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Why the Travel Industry’s Favorite New Word is ‘No’ – and What to Do About It
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- Cold Is Coming: 10 Ways to Winterproof Right Now
- Hundreds of Americans Surrender Citizenship to Avoid Taxes
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
If you’ve ever thought about ways to “Go Green”, maybe you should starting thinking about the way you travel. Eco-Hotels are a new breed of lodging that promise to house travelers in environmentally friendly ways. They ask guests to skip sheet changes and re-use towels… so no one’s pitching these hotels as the end all solution to the world’s environmental problems, but combine evo-hotels with other green practices and suddenly things don’t look so bad.
Hotels worldwide are adopting green policies, but they may be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some great resources at your disposal for the eco-friendly hunt. The Dosoto (featured in our story) can be found online at www.thedesoto.com. The Green Hotels Association also maintains an online list of it’s member hotels as does EnvironmentallyFriendlyHotels.com. Or, you can always use my favorite tool…. Google!