- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Pop Quiz: Can a Store Force You to Spend $10 to Use a Credit Card?
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- 10 Frugal Ways to Fight the Flu
- 12 Surprising Ways to Cut Rental Car Expenses
If you’ve ever thought about ways to “Go Green”, maybe you should starting thinking about the way you travel. Eco-Hotels are a new breed of lodging that promise to house travelers in environmentally friendly ways. They ask guests to skip sheet changes and re-use towels… so no one’s pitching these hotels as the end all solution to the world’s environmental problems, but combine evo-hotels with other green practices and suddenly things don’t look so bad.
Hotels worldwide are adopting green policies, but they may be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some great resources at your disposal for the eco-friendly hunt. The Dosoto (featured in our story) can be found online at www.thedesoto.com. The Green Hotels Association also maintains an online list of it’s member hotels as does EnvironmentallyFriendlyHotels.com. Or, you can always use my favorite tool…. Google!