- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in October
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- Obamacare Open Enrollment is Coming: 5 Things You Need to Know
- Rockefeller Foundation Will Dump Investments in Fossil Fuels
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
- How 30 Minutes Now Can Save You $1,000 Later
- Avoid Airline Fees with Airline Co-Branded Credit Cards
If you’ve ever thought about ways to “Go Green”, maybe you should starting thinking about the way you travel. Eco-Hotels are a new breed of lodging that promise to house travelers in environmentally friendly ways. They ask guests to skip sheet changes and re-use towels… so no one’s pitching these hotels as the end all solution to the world’s environmental problems, but combine evo-hotels with other green practices and suddenly things don’t look so bad.
Hotels worldwide are adopting green policies, but they may be hard to find. Fortunately, there are some great resources at your disposal for the eco-friendly hunt. The Dosoto (featured in our story) can be found online at www.thedesoto.com. The Green Hotels Association also maintains an online list of it’s member hotels as does EnvironmentallyFriendlyHotels.com. Or, you can always use my favorite tool…. Google!