- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- Pop Quiz: Terrorists Destroy Your Home. Will the Insurance Company Pay?
- Millennials Are Best About Paying Their Mortgages on Time
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- Rent Is Higher Than Ever in Most US Metro Areas
The nation’s ongoing housing crisis has many would-be homeowners looking for the bargain of a lifetime. One way of buying cheap is foreclosures… another is with a short sale. But what is a short-sale and how does it work?
A short sale is potential solution for a homeowner that is in financial distress, that would allow them to sell their home for less than the balance of the mortgage.
Sounds almost too good to be true, but there is a catch… it’s much more difficult to do than you might expect. Dan Humbert, a Real Estate Attorney, helped us understand why the infomercials you might’ve seen can be misleading…