- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- The Most Expensive Mortgage Mistakes You Can Make
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- Pop Quiz: Can a Store Force You to Spend $10 to Use a Credit Card?
- 10 Frugal Ways to Fight the Flu
- 8 Secrets to Building a Budget You Can Live With
- Pop Quiz: Who Do You Contact First When You Want to Buy a Home?
- 20 Surefire Ways to Slam the Brakes on Impulse Buys
The nation’s ongoing housing crisis has many would-be homeowners looking for the bargain of a lifetime. One way of buying cheap is foreclosures… another is with a short sale. But what is a short-sale and how does it work?
A short sale is potential solution for a homeowner that is in financial distress, that would allow them to sell their home for less than the balance of the mortgage.
Sounds almost too good to be true, but there is a catch… it’s much more difficult to do than you might expect. Dan Humbert, a Real Estate Attorney, helped us understand why the infomercials you might’ve seen can be misleading…