- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- JPMorgan Chase, Other Big Banks Fall Prey to Hackers
- Pop Quiz: Terrorists Destroy Your Home. Will the Insurance Company Pay?
- Millennials Are Best About Paying Their Mortgages on Time
- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- Rent Is Higher Than Ever in Most US Metro Areas
Think being the highest bidder at a real estate auction means you’ve won? Think again… Most property sold at heavily advertised public auctions is subject to lender approval, so if your winning bid isn’t high enough, the lender can try to get you to pay more, or simply refuse to sell.