- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- Ask Stacy: Should I Buy Gold?
- A Simple Way to Invest Your Retirement Savings
- 14 Creative Ways to Date When Money’s Tight
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
With all the turmoil in the market, how about a fun blast from the past? “What Makes Us Tick” is a cartoon produced in 1952 by Sutherland Productions and sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange. Following the story of John Q. Public, a “Joe The Plumber” from the 50’s, it gives an overview of how companies go public, how trades work, and why the NYSE is the only place to put your money (don’t necessarily follow that advice). Still, there’s plenty of good information for anyone seeking a better grasp on what stocks are and where they come from. So… take your mind of the upcoming recession for a few minutes, and enjoy this financial trip back to 1952.
Released under the Creative Commons License: Public Domain as part of the Prelinger Archives of the Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting and Recorded Sound Division