- 8 Ways to Pay Less for Baby-Sitting
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
- The Restless Project: Will I Have to Live With a Roommate Forever?
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
The holiday season is one of the most expensive of the year… but it’s also a time when it’s most possible to pick up extra work. The classic example, of course, is stores that add workers for holiday shopping crowds.
But there are also less traditional places that you might consider for temporary work. Example? Helping pet sitters with their busiest season.
If you’ve got office skills, register with a temp service. This is heavy vacation season for office workers which makes it prime time for temp workers…and maybe the best path to full time work.
If you’ve got food service experience, restaurants could be hiring… and even if you don’t, check out caterers: it’s definitely their busiest time of the year. Warehouses and distribution centers could also be hiring to keep up with projected demand.
And here’s a unique idea: be a secret shopper, someone who evaluates products and services in stores or restaurants. Depending on the gig, you could get paid… or at least get a free meal.
Bottom line? it’s never easy to find temporary work, and this economy sure doesn’t make it any easier. But if you use your imagination and do a little legwork, might find yourself a good job.