- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Get the Most for Your Totaled Car
- Hundreds of Americans Surrender Citizenship to Avoid Taxes
4. When did you last change your air filter?
Ever breath through a surgical mask? Not very comfortable. Your car breathes through something similar all the time, because it really doesn’t want to inhale any dirt. Air filters are cheap and checking them is easy – most air filters sit on top of the engine for easy access. Take a look at it – if it’s dirty, replace it. You might improve your mileage by as much as 10%.