- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- 5 Reasons the Other Driver’s Insurance Won’t Pay
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- 10 Reports Your Car Insurance Company Pulls About You
6. Check Your Brakes
It should go without saying that the rest of your car doesn’t matter much if the brakes don’t work well. If you suspect there’s an issue, go to a brake repair shop and let them have a look.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Your brake pedal is soft and mushy or hard and resistant
- You see a warning light on your dash
- You hear scraping and grinding noises
Of those signs, scraping and grinding is the one to be most concerned about because that means your brake pads or shoes are about gone. Which means you’re about to ruin some other expensive brake parts, not to mention your day when your car doesn’t stop. Check it out immediately.