- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Headlight Drama: Average Deer-Car Claim Cost Is Up 14 Percent
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
- The Most Expensive NFL Tickets
- Does U.S. Bank Owe You Money?
- The Restless Project: Doing Well at $125K, but Still Losing Sleep Over Money
- 6 Ways to Boost Your Car’s Trade-In Value
- Don’t Let Your Kids Ride-Share With Your Car
6. Check Your Brakes
It should go without saying that the rest of your car doesn’t matter much if the brakes don’t work well. If you suspect there’s an issue, go to a brake repair shop and let them have a look.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Your brake pedal is soft and mushy or hard and resistant
- You see a warning light on your dash
- You hear scraping and grinding noises
Of those signs, scraping and grinding is the one to be most concerned about because that means your brake pads or shoes are about gone. Which means you’re about to ruin some other expensive brake parts, not to mention your day when your car doesn’t stop. Check it out immediately.