- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- The Restless Project: Can’t Get By on $60K, $80K, Even $100K?
- Your Calls and Texts Could Be Intercepted by Fake Cell Towers
6. Check Your Brakes
It should go without saying that the rest of your car doesn’t matter much if the brakes don’t work well. If you suspect there’s an issue, go to a brake repair shop and let them have a look.
Here are some signs to look for:
- Your brake pedal is soft and mushy or hard and resistant
- You see a warning light on your dash
- You hear scraping and grinding noises
Of those signs, scraping and grinding is the one to be most concerned about because that means your brake pads or shoes are about gone. Which means you’re about to ruin some other expensive brake parts, not to mention your day when your car doesn’t stop. Check it out immediately.