- The Most and Least Expensive States to Own a Car
- Am I Responsible for My Adult Son’s Medical Bills If He’s on My Insurance?
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
- The Most-Stolen Vehicles of 2013
- Report: Big Banks Mislead Customers About Overdraft Protection
- The 5 Most Complained About Cars in America
- Grandparents: Here’s Why You Should Talk Money With the Grandkids
- Saving for Kids’ College Trumps Retirement Savings for Single Parents
9. Check your air conditioning
This one’s not rocket science, because there’s not much you can do to service your own air conditioner. But since your air conditioner is the only thing that separates your family vacation from a trip to hell, you want to make sure it’s working well. If it seems like it’s not blowing as cold as it should, have it checked out. The problem is probably a low refrigerant level, which is a fairly cheap fix. If there’s no cold air at all or the fan won’t come on, that could be an expensive one.