- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- RadioShack: Circling the Drain?
- 8 Foods That May Spike in Price This Fall
- Home Depot’s Massive Data Breach May Leave 60 Million Vulnerable
- 7 Smart Ways to Save on the Latest Smartphones
- Your Grocery Bill May Be Supporting Your Political Opponents
- California Legislature Approves Ban on Plastic Grocery Bags
Here’s something I hope you’ll find a amusing – and not too closely resemble what awaits you this Friday morning! It’s a spoof from Saturday Night Live of a fictional store called MegaMart.
Kinda makes you want to shop online, doesn’t it?
If you do insist on going out for Black Friday, our friends at Consumer World are offering a list of Top 10 Tips to Bag a Bargain. Here are some “Door-buster” deals they’ve included in their article.
A Kenmore front loading washer and dryer pair for $599.98 (Sears): a Samsung 40″ 1080p HDTV for $497 (Sears, WM); $10 off $25 coupon (Macy’s); a 40″ Westinghouse HDTV for $298, a WD 2TB ext. hard drive $69, Sony Blu-Ray player $99 (at Best Buy too), Canon SX120 digital camera $129, small kitchen appliances $3 (WM too), adult sherpa hoodies $10 (all at Target); Seagate 1TB ext. hard drive $49.99, Garmin 265WT GPS $99.99 a/r, Norton Anti Virus free a/r, (Staples); small kitchen appliances valued to $40 for $9.99 after rebate (Kohl’s, Macy’s, JC Penney, WM); adult jeans $15 (Old Navy); 150 toys 50% off (Toys-R-Us ); Logitech wireless mouse $4.99 a/r, 8-gig SD memory cards $12.99 (Office Depot); and 9-pack Hanes men’s briefs $4.99, Garmin 265WT GPS Saturday only $99.99 (Kmart).