- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in October
- Coming Soon: A World Without Wallets?
- 6 Ways to Boost Your Car’s Trade-In Value
- Now You Can Make Returns at Sears Without Leaving Your Car
- New Rules Mean Hundreds in Energy Savings With Your Next Refrigerator
- Bigger Isn’t Always Better: 10 Products Where a Smaller Size Will Do
- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
Here’s something I hope you’ll find a amusing – and not too closely resemble what awaits you this Friday morning! It’s a spoof from Saturday Night Live of a fictional store called MegaMart.
Kinda makes you want to shop online, doesn’t it?
If you do insist on going out for Black Friday, our friends at Consumer World are offering a list of Top 10 Tips to Bag a Bargain. Here are some “Door-buster” deals they’ve included in their article.
A Kenmore front loading washer and dryer pair for $599.98 (Sears): a Samsung 40″ 1080p HDTV for $497 (Sears, WM); $10 off $25 coupon (Macy’s); a 40″ Westinghouse HDTV for $298, a WD 2TB ext. hard drive $69, Sony Blu-Ray player $99 (at Best Buy too), Canon SX120 digital camera $129, small kitchen appliances $3 (WM too), adult sherpa hoodies $10 (all at Target); Seagate 1TB ext. hard drive $49.99, Garmin 265WT GPS $99.99 a/r, Norton Anti Virus free a/r, (Staples); small kitchen appliances valued to $40 for $9.99 after rebate (Kohl’s, Macy’s, JC Penney, WM); adult jeans $15 (Old Navy); 150 toys 50% off (Toys-R-Us ); Logitech wireless mouse $4.99 a/r, 8-gig SD memory cards $12.99 (Office Depot); and 9-pack Hanes men’s briefs $4.99, Garmin 265WT GPS Saturday only $99.99 (Kmart).