- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
You might have heard the name Zagat before. The survey company got its start in the late ’70s rating restaurants, and even today, ritzy eating establishments crave a good ranking in its annual guide.
Not content to stay on the ground, Zagat has been rating airlines for a few years – on everything from comfort to service to food (of course) to even the airlines’ websites. Its latest customer satisfaction survey was released this week, and its big findings were…
- Continental is the best large domestic airline for its premium service.
- JetBlue took top honors among large economy class carriers.
- Singapore Airlines is best overall airline in the world.
But here were some other interesting results…
- Virgin Atlantic has the best frequent flier program – and top-quality in-flight movies.
- Southwest had the best website, which is important because 63 percent of the people in the Zagat survey booked their tickets that way.
- American Airlines, despite the name, was the best value for international travel.
Finally, Zagat asked about the best airports to fly into, fly out of, and enjoy the time in between. Not surprisingly, none of the top three were major hubs like Chicago or Atlanta. They were, in order: Portland, Tampa, and Salt Lake City.
If you’re traveling this holiday season, Money Talks news has some of its own good advice for you – from 3 Tips to Find the Lowest Holiday Airfares to 6 Tips to Avoiding Flight Delays to even how to find Free Inflight Wi-Fi for the Holidays.