- The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the US
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
For last-minute Mother’s Day shoppers, we have a mother lode of deals. Just don’t forget that, with the holiday on Sunday, it’s probably too late to order gifts online, so you’re better off cashing in these bargains at the store.
Restaurant.com gift certificates are 80 percent off with code MOM (so a $25 certificate will only cost you $2). That’s as cheap as we’ve ever seen them, but that’s not all: As part of their Mother’s Day sale, you’ll also receive a free $15 ProFlowers gift with your purchase. (Note: The gift is good till May 31.) To redeem it, just use the code you get on your Restaurant.com order confirmation. Both deals end Sunday, May 8.
Clothing and shoes
These deals also end Sunday, May 8:
Loft dresses are 30 percent off online and in stores. But if that’s still out of your or mom’s price range, print out these in-store-only Stein Mart coupons to save 20 percent on a regular-priced item and 25 percent on a red-dot clearance item.
If mom needs shoes, try DSW. They’ll give you a free $10 DSW gift card with each purchase of a $50 card. (Note: The $10 card is only good from May 12-30.)
Electronics and media
If you weren’t able to order the $80-off plum-colored Nikon Coolpix camera bundle at CircuitCity.com before the deal we mentioned on Wednesday expired, RadioShack is now selling it for the same price [5/7].
For the gaming mom, save $50 when you pre-order L.A. Noire by trading in two other games [5/8]. L.A. Noire will be released on May 17 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, but if you’re playing on the latter, be sure you’ve read our recent story PlayStation Network Hacked: What You Should Do Now.
Did you know today is National Public Gardens Day? Neither did we – but there’s still no better day to take mom (or whoever) on a flowery stroll. Thanks to Better Homes and Gardens magazine, everyone’s admission to public gardens is free today, May 6.
For a more exotic trip, take 10 percent at Hotels.com by entering code MAYFLOWERS10 at checkout. Just make sure to travel by Nov. 17 and book a participating hotel by May 8 – although we suggest booking ASAP since this deal is only available to the first 25,000 customers.
Traveling by car? For Costco Wholesale members, sets of four Bridgestone tires are $70 off [5/8].
If travel is out of your budget, head to your local Sears. The Sears Mother’s Day Savings Pass saves you 15 percent on motherly items like clothing, accessories, and home goods. To use it in stores, just print it out; online, enter code MOMSDAY15 [5/8]. If you can’t find anything there, stop by Bath & Body Works for a fool-proof present: Lots of Bath & Body Works gift sets are 25 percent off right now.
And to wrap things up, four random coupons:
- $10 off a $25 purchase at Yankee Candle stores [5/8]
- $10 off a $30 purchase at World Market stores [5/8]
- $5 off a $10 purchase at Ulta Beauty stores or Ulta.com with code 19257 [5/7]
- $5 off a $14.99+ pinata at Party City stores or PartyCity.com with code PCLAS34 [5/8]
For more coupons, codes, and Mother’s Day bargains, be sure to check out the Deals page.