- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Budget from 1987 Tells the Tale: Americans Are Severely Underpaid
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
Thanks to Memorial Day sales, you can find just about anything at a discount this weekend…
Clothing and accessories
Children: Whether the kids need tanks, tees, shorts, or leggings, it’s all just $5 at The Children’s Place stores and online [expires 5/30]. Shipping is also free, so you may as well buy online and save on gas too.
Men and women: Money Talks News founder Stacy Johnson says that the best way to save money on clothing is to sell the clothes you no longer wear (check out tip No. 1 here). Well, the Gap must have been listening. They’ve partnered with Goodwill to help shoppers clean out their closets, save money on some new clothes, and support a good cause all in one stop. So, if you bring in a clothing donation to your local store, you’ll save 30 percent off your entire Gap purchase [5/29].
While you’re at the mall, you may also want to stop by American Eagle Outfitters. They’ll also take 30 percent off your entire AE purchase in stores as well as online (with code 82934281) [5/30].
Women: If you like Ann Taylor clothing but find it a bit out of your price range, now’s a great time to stop there too. Full-price Ann Taylor summer styles are 40 percent off in stores and online ["limited time"]. That includes tees, capris, shorts, shoes, and even jewelry. But if that doesn’t bring their clothing close enough to your price range, head to the sale section, because you can take an extra 40 percent off already-reduced Ann Taylor styles in stores and online (code EXTRA40) ["limited time"].
Women: At Sears.com, take 15 percent off all women’s shoes and score free shipping (with code WOMENSSHOES15) [expires 5/28].
Men, women, children: At Payless, take 20 percent off your entire purchase in stores (coupon) and online (code 47010) [5/30].
Electronics and media
Do you know a student who needs a new computer and wouldn’t mind a free XBOX? Well, Dell’s got just the deal for you. When you buy certain Dell computers for $699 and up, they’ll toss in a free XBOX 360 bundle [expiration unknown].
Staples has several great HP coupons for this weekend. They’re all good in stores (with coupon) or online (with the code on the coupon) [5/28]:
- Extra $50 off select HP laptops
- Extra $50 off the HP Officejet Pro 8500A premium wireless e-all-in-one printer
- $50 off any $199+ full-price laser jet printer
- 50 percent off all HP media like blank CDs and DVDs
Lastly, you can download six free MP3s from The Biggest Loser Workout Mix [expiration unknown].
Health and beauty
Bath & Body Works has a great deal this weekend. Get three free Signature Collection body care items when you buy three – that’s up to $88 in free products – in stores and online [expires 5/30].
If you don’t need a stockpile, take 20 percent off one item at Ulta Beauty stores (with coupon) or online (with code 64450) [5/28].
On Memorial Day, take half off any Boston Market family meal purchase (with coupon) [5/30 only].
Finally, some great random deals:
- Yankee Candle Company’s large tumbler candles are buy-two-get-one-free in stores (with coupon) [expires 5/30].
- If you’re a Sam’s Club member with a baby, the wholesale store will give you a free $10 Sam’s Club gift card with purchase of any pack of Huggies diapers and Huggies wipes [5/28].
- At Stein Mart department stores, take 20 percent off any item and 20 percent off any sale item (coupons) [5/28]. And while you’re there, scope out the Memorial Day sale, where you can take an extra 40 percent off red dot clearance items.
- To save $1 on any product in Clorox’s Green Works line of cleansers, “like” them on Facebook for the coupon [expiration unknown].