- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- 1 in 4 Jobs in the US Are Low-Paying
Not that anyone would, but don’t worry about Anthony Weiner. After resigning from Congress, he has money – he’s better at the stock market than social media, apparently. “The New York Democrat owns a portfolio of 19 stocks worth between $190,000 and $285,000,” CNN reports.
“Trouble,” the dog who inherited $12 million from hotel heiress Leona Hemsley, is dead. “The pampered Maltese bitch with a curly off-white coat died December 13,” PetMD reports, “but news only emerged Thursday.”
Talk about bad health care. A security guard in England was so annoyed by a painful wart that he got rid of it with a 12-bore Beretta shotgun. “It blew off nearly the entire middle finger on his left hand,” MSNBC reports, “and left the 38-year-old facing possible prison time for illegal possession of a firearm.”
The recession has lowered prices on almost everything – including doomsday bunkers. “A company that sells luxury doomsday shelters is branching out with a new ‘economy class’ bunker that costs $9,950,” CNN reports.
Here’s a bad business idea: Pierce kittens in their ears and necks, dock their tails, and sell them on eBay for $100. The result? “She was convicted of animal cruelty,” The Consumerist reports.