- Los Angeles Is the Latest City to Consider a Minimum Wage Hike
- Corporate Taxes Are 10 Percent of Federal Revenue, Down from 30 Percent
- Spare Tires Are Disappearing From New Cars
- Ask Stacy: How Am I Supposed to Live on Social Security?
- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
Not that anyone would, but don’t worry about Anthony Weiner. After resigning from Congress, he has money – he’s better at the stock market than social media, apparently. “The New York Democrat owns a portfolio of 19 stocks worth between $190,000 and $285,000,” CNN reports.
“Trouble,” the dog who inherited $12 million from hotel heiress Leona Hemsley, is dead. “The pampered Maltese bitch with a curly off-white coat died December 13,” PetMD reports, “but news only emerged Thursday.”
Talk about bad health care. A security guard in England was so annoyed by a painful wart that he got rid of it with a 12-bore Beretta shotgun. “It blew off nearly the entire middle finger on his left hand,” MSNBC reports, “and left the 38-year-old facing possible prison time for illegal possession of a firearm.”
The recession has lowered prices on almost everything – including doomsday bunkers. “A company that sells luxury doomsday shelters is branching out with a new ‘economy class’ bunker that costs $9,950,” CNN reports.
Here’s a bad business idea: Pierce kittens in their ears and necks, dock their tails, and sell them on eBay for $100. The result? “She was convicted of animal cruelty,” The Consumerist reports.