- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
Spring is supposed to be home-selling season. But not this year. Reports MSNBC: “Sales of previously owned U.S. homes fell to a six-month low in May, prices dropped 4.6 percent from a year ago, supply rose, and first-time homebuyers slid to an anemic 35 percent of sales.”
If you thought your cell-phone bill was high, check your land-line phone bill. “As many as 20 million Americans may have unauthorized charges hidden on their land-line telephone bills,” USA Today reports. “This practice of ‘cramming’ charges, typically from $1.99 to $19.99, for unauthorized products or services onto monthly statements often goes unnoticed.”
ECONOMY: Bernanke may prolong record stimulus
A survey of economists predicts the Federal Reserve chairman will keep up the country’s record stimulus – which will keep the economy from tanking. “Federal Reserve Chairman Ben S. Bernanke will probably delay the central bank’s exit from record stimulus,” Bloomberg reports, “giving the flagging economy a boost without resorting to additional asset purchases.”
While the NFL and the players haggle over billions, America’s football cities could lose millions.”The NFL Player Association’s estimated $20 million per-city, per-game loss factors in the expected hits to businesses within NFL markets – including restaurants, bars and hotels,” MSNBC reports.
The days of unlimited data on your smartphone are coming to an end. “Verizon Wireless will join competitors AT&T and T-Mobile next month in eliminating the option for customers to consume unlimited data on their mobile phones without paying additional fees,” CNN reports.