- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Started Today: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- 10 Reports Your Car Insurance Company Pulls About You
- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
Following is a press release that was issued early this morning by Wal-Mart.
Today, Walmart announces a 90-day Rollback at the pump to give customers a savings of 10 cents a gallon on all fuel, gas and diesel, at participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations. The discount applies to gas purchases made when using a reloadable Walmart gift card, reloadable Walmart MoneyCard® or Walmart credit card from June 29 through September 30, 2011.
“Our customers have told us that high gas prices are a top budget concern, nearly as large an expense to their households as food and groceries,” said Stephen Quinn, chief marketing officer. “We listen to our customers and because we know they are feeling squeezed by gas prices, we’re implementing this gas Rollback to help them save, especially during high travel summer months.”
Customers who use the Walmart family of cards to buy gas at participating gas stations will immediately save 10 cents a gallon on purchases right at the pump, with no other restrictions or requirements.
“It’s important to us that we extend this offer to everyone, not just Walmart customers shopping in our stores, without requiring any other type of purchase,” said Quinn. “Our goal is to make it easy for everyone to save and live better, and we think this gas program is leading in the market because it doesn’t require any additional purchase, loyalty card or other restrictions.”
States with participating gas stations are:
- Michigan • Mississippi
- New Mexico
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
A complete list of participating Walmart and Murphy USA locations and more information is available at www.walmartstores.com/gasrollback.