Every week, I study 1,000 deal-touting emails from major companies. Most aren’t worth your time, but a handful offer worthwhile coupons, codes, and sales – those are the ones I collect for you here and display in a deal-seeker-friendly format.
From appliances to shoes, the Independence Day weekend brings big deals on a big variety of items…
- Batteries: Battery packages are buy-one-get-one-free at Toys R Us stores and online [7/2].
- Speakers: Circuit City’s indoor/outdoor wireless speakers for iPods have a 100-foot range and built in subwoofer – and are 60 percent off online [7/2].
- hhgregg (appliances and electronics store): Almost everything that’s normally priced at $99-plus is on sale [expiration unknown]. Before you leave the house, check out their ad to see exactly what’s on sale and for how much.
- Movie ticket: A trip to the movies isn’t cheap, but if you eat General Mills cereals, you can score a free movie ticket worth up to $12 [8/31]. Just save the codes from two specially marked boxes of General Mills cereals and plug them it online to get your free printable ticket. You have till Aug. 31 to redeem the codes for a ticket, but note that the tickets themselves expire within 60 days of their online issue date.
- Magazines: $5 off 39 different magazines at Amazon.com [7/6]. That’s $5 off Amazon’s price, not the list price, so you could actually score some of these publications for more than 75 percent off the list price. Parenting magazine is less than $5, and several others are going for less than $10. Just note that all of these magazines come with a one-year auto-renewal. This means you’ll automatically be renewed for a second year if you don’t cancel the auto-renewal. So if you don’t want to be charged for the second year, don’t forget to cancel it in Amazon’s “Magazine Subscription Manager,” which you can do at any time.
- Hotels: Up to 30 percent off at Hotels.com [7/5]. These last-minute deals cover 900-plus hotels in 240-plus cities, but the window of savings is narrow: You’ve got to book a hotel by July 5 for a trip that falls between now and July 6.
- Arts and crafts: An extra 15 percent off your entire purchase from HancockFabrics.com (promo code BONUS15) [7/5].
- Home decor: Up to $10 off at Kirkland stores (printable coupon) [7/4].
Wholesale club deals:
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: Free 60-day trial membership good in stores (printable coupon) [7/5].
- Sam’s Club: $70 off a set of four new Michelin tires [7/5]. Before you hit the store, check their website to see which tires qualify.
- Boston Market: 25-50 percent off [7/4 only].
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant: $10 off your order (printable certificate) [7/7]. There’s no minimum amount for your order, but you can only use the certificate for dine-in orders after 4 p.m.
- Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill: Free entree with purchase of another (printable coupon) [7/3].
Clothing, shoes, and accessories:
- Wet Seal (teen girls): Tees, tank tops, and shorts are 5 for $20 in stores and online [expiration unknown]. That’s $4 apiece!
- Ann Taylor (women): 40 percent off everything in stores and online ["for a limited time"].
- Loft (women): 40 percent off everything in stores and online (promo code SHOP40) [7/4].
- Off Broadway Shoes (designer shoe warehouse): $10 off any purchase of $39.90 or more (printable coupon) [7/4]. They say their regular prices are up to 40 percent off department stores prices, and this coupon takes up to 25 percent off their regular prices, so you stand to save as much as 65 percent off retail prices.
How to get the most from my deals:
Subscribe by email
Like this article? Sign up for our email updates and we’ll send you a regular digest of our newest stories, full of money saving tips and advice, free! We’ll also email you a PDF of Stacy Johnson’s ’205 Ways to Save Money’ as soon as you’ve subscribed. It’s full of great tips that’ll help you save a ton of extra cash. It doesn’t cost a dime, so why wait? Click here to sign up now.