- Waiting in Line for an iPhone: What Makes Some People Behave Like Cows
- America’s Most Overrated Jobs
- Walmart’s New Employee Dress Code Sparks Debate
- 10 Silly Sales Tactics You Fall for Every Day
- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
[Wise Bread] Here’s a fun summer read that had some entries on it I didn’t understand at first (It’s A Wonderful Life?) until I read the explanations. And while there are some real stinkers on the list (The Money Pit), there are some real winners too (Casino).
[SecondAct] I’m a fan of farmers markets, but I’m certainly no fanatic about them. But for those who are, here’s a list of half a dozen famous ones – from New York to Florida to California.
[Mint] I’ve written about some of these separately – from rental cars to hotels – but this is a funny, concise list of the biggest travel ripoffs out there. My favorite fee to hate: hotel Internet fees.
[The Dough Roller] This lengthy, detailed post explains the hidden pitfalls to an otherwise easy and important process: Moving your retirement money safely. There’s even a pro-con list of three major brokers.
[The Digerati Life] With CEOs getting bonuses while ordering layoffs, and with the bank bailout still leaving a bad taste in our mouths, it’s refreshing (and timely) to see a list of the super-rich who donate millions to good causes.