- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops A Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Ask Stacy: If I Temporarily Lose My Health Insurance, Will I Get Fined?
- Today’s Deals: Tuesday, Sep. 16
- The 5 Reasons People Fall for Scams and Gotchas
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. Every week, I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails. Most are a waste of your time, but a handful offer worthwhile coupons, codes, and sales – those are the ones I collect for you here and display in a reader-friendly format.
- Hotels: Up to 50 percent off at Hotels.com [7/20]. Most Hotels.com offers are no more than 15 or 30 percent off, so this is a great deal. If you decide to take advantage of it, just be sure to mind the fine print: “Book by July 20, 2011 for travel between July 19 – August 16, 2011.”
Office and school supplies
- paper: Free 10-ream case of multipurpose paper when you buy another in Staples stores (printable coupon) [7/30].
- Laptop backpack: 57 percent off a Targus-brand laptop backpack that fits computers up to 16″ at CompUSA.com stores and online [7/21]. Instead of $35, it’s $15. Before you head to a store, make sure this item is in stock there by clicking on “Check Store availability” on the website.
- Laptop sleeve: 50 percent off a Built-brand laptop sleeve for 15″ computers at Adorama.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $20, it’s just $10, which is even cheaper than Amazon’s price. Plus, unlike Amazon, Adorama will ship the item for free. I have a Built lunch bag and love it: It’s well-made and machine-washable (Built products are made out of neoprene, the same material that wetsuits are made from).
- Blu-ray disc player: $100 off an LG-brand Blu-ray disc player at Buy.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $190, it’s $90, which is more than half off – so cheap you have to put the item in your cart or click on “Click Here for Price” in order to see the lower price – and it ships for free.
Health and beauty
- Free face serum: Free deluxe-size sample of Estee Lauder’s new Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator at stores and Estee Lauder counters in department stores [7/21 only].
- Bath & Body Works: Two free Signature Collection body care products when you buy another three [7/21]. That’s up to 40 percent off fragrance, lotion, body cream, body butter, shower cream, and bubble bath – including men’s products.
- LensCrafters: 50 percent off lenses when you buy frames (printable coupon) [9/12].
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant: $10 off a $20-plus order (printable coupon) [7/27]. Many restaurant coupons are limited to dine-in orders, but this one’s good on to-go orders too.
- Mimi’s Cafe (French restaurant): 50 percent off one entree when you purchase two entrees and two drinks (printable coupon) [7/21].
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: Free cup of queso [7/20 only].
- Ziplock products: $1 off any two Ziplock products (printable coupon) [8/18].
- Water bottles: 48 percent off one of Nalgene’s most popular products: their 32-ounce wide-mouth water bottle, which is dishwasher-safe, BPA-free, high-impact-resistant, and – at least in my experience – leak-proof [expiration unknown]. They come with funky patterns, but a Nalgene bottle is a Nalgene bottle, right? And this is a great deal for a Nalgene bottle – especially since your entire order will ship for free ["for a limited time"]. I just bought three of them myself.
Housewares and furniture
- JCPenney: 30-60 percent off housewares, furniture, and luggage during the Home Sale in stores and online [expiration unknown]. Plus, take an additional 15 percent off home and luggage items online (promo code SUMRGEAR) [7/24] and enjoy free shipping on $69-plus orders [expiration unknown].
- Kirkland’s: $10 off a $50-plus purchase in stores (printable coupon) [7/21].
How to get the most from my deals…
- Visit MoneyTalksNews.com every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the latest “Daily Deals” post.
- Sign up for the Money Talks newsletter to get “Daily Deals” posts emailed to you.
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter to get a reminder about the latest Deal of the Day.
- Visit my Deals & Coupons page for more.