- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
- Pop Quiz: Can a Store Force You to Spend $10 to Use a Credit Card?
- The Cost to Treat Ebola: $20,000+ Per Day
- Survey: These Airlines Have the Cheapest, Most Comfy Economy Seats
- HBO Without Cable: It’s Planning a Stand-Alone Service
- Ask Stacy: Why Are Stocks Tanking, and What Should I Do?
Movie mogul and Star Wars creator George Lucas has lost a battle in Britain. Andrew Ainsworth designed the white stormtrooper helmets in the original Star Wars film in 1977, and now he sells replicas online. Lucas wanted him to stop, but a judge this week sided with Ainsworth. “The Empire has struck out,” USA Today declared.
The closest thing to female Viagra is starting to sell after a tough start in 2004 and a bankruptcy in 2008. The brand’s owner, Semprae, “changed the packaging to mint green and purple, introduced new sizes, and altered Zestra’s earthy scent to a more neutral one,” Bloomberg reports. But the question remains: “Do women have more orgasms when they use Zestra or not?”
Time to explode some myths. Here’s one: Conservatives aren’t conservationists. “Green advocates have paved the way for pragmatic, eco-friendly efforts in traditionally conservative states,” CNN reports. That includes eco-friendly buildings in Alabama and biofuels in Kansas.
In 1964 an 18-year-old snapped some photos of the Beatles’ first U.S. concert. No way he could’ve known those prints would sell for $361,938 at auction decades later. “The Beatles played their first U.S. concert at the Washington Coliseum on Feb. 11, 1964,” USA Today reports. “Mike Mitchell was there, shooting photos from just feet away.”
Climb inside the new Bentley Mulsanne luxury car and you’ll savor interior oak wood. But the 18-foot-long car only gets 11 mpg. Drown out that fact with the stereo, which “has 2,200 watts, 20 speakers and a price tag of $7,415,” Bloomberg reports.