- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops A Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
- Ask Stacy: If I Temporarily Lose My Health Insurance, Will I Get Fined?
- Today’s Deals: Tuesday, Sep. 16
- The 5 Reasons People Fall for Scams and Gotchas
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. Every week, I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails. Most would be a waste of your time, but a handful offer worthwhile coupons, codes, and sales – those are the ones I collect for you here and display in a reader-friendly format.
First things first: Don’t forget that today is the first day of the back-to-school sales tax holiday in 10 states, which makes this weekend a great time for residents of those states to buy clothing and school supplies. Check out my 2011 Back-to-School Tax Holidays post to see if or when your state will be observing the tax-free “holiday.”
- Huggies: $2-$4 off Huggies diapers at BJ’s Wholesale Club [8/31].
Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Abercrombie & Fitch (teens and young adults): 25 percent off your entire purchase except for jeans/jeggings and flagship items in stores (use code 10180) [8/6]. If you’re buying jeans/jeggings, instead use the 50-percent-off deal I mentioned in Monday’s Daily Deals post.
- Avenue (plus-size women): $10 off any denim item (use code AV111192) [8/15].
- Dickies: Save up to 30 percent when you spend at least $50 online (use code BTS11) [8/28]. This offer takes $15 off $50-plus orders, $20 off $75-plus orders, and $30 off $100-plus orders.
- Frederick’s of Hollywood (lingerie): $10 off a $50-plus purchase plus a free pair of panties online [8/14].
- JCPenney (department store): Up to $20 off in stores (print first) or online (use code KIDSBTS) [8/6].
- Route 66: Kids’ Route 66 jeans are $10 instead of $13-$17, and other kids’ Route 66 clothing is 30 percent off at Kmart online [8/6]. Orders of $49-plus ship for free (use code EPICYEAR).
- Bennigan’s: $5 off a $20-plus purchase [8/7].
- Bob Evans: 50 percent off any chicken sandwich platter (print first) [8/12].
- Friendly’s: $2 off a $10 purchase (print first) [8/14].
- Hardee’s: Free Coca-Cola Zero with the purchase of any charbroiled turkey burger (print first) [8/7].
- Jersey Mike’s Subs: $1 off a regular sub or $2 off a giant sub (print first) [8/7].
- Olive Garden: $2 off any two Panini sandwiches – which come with unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks (print first) [8/14].
- Marble Slab Creamery: $3 off a large cake or sheet cake (print first) [8/12].
- Kashi TLC Pita Crisps: $1 off any box (print first) [8/31].
Health and beauty
- Sunscreen: $1 off any one Coppertone sun-care product except lip balm or trial sizes (print first) [8/29].
- Lip gloss: 25 percent off and free shipping for custom-blend lip gloss –you pick your own color, finish, and flavor combination – at Prescriptives online ["limited time only"]. The website prices already reflect the discount.
- Free business cards: 100 free black and white business cards at Staples stores (print first) [8/6].
- Blu-ray player: $30 off a Sony WiFi 3D-ready Blu-ray disc player at BJ’s Wholesale Club online [9/4]. Instead of $140, it’s $110.
How to get the most from my deals…
- Visit MoneyTalksNews.com every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for the latest “Daily Deals” post.
- Sign up for the Money Talks newsletter to get “Daily Deals” posts emailed to you.
- Join us on Facebook and Twitter to get a reminder about the latest Deal of the Day.
- Visit my Deals & Coupons page for more.