- 10 Strategies to Retire Earlier Than Your Friends on the Same Salary
- 8 Easy Ways to Save on Your Next Football Party
- The 10 Most Expensive Neighborhoods for Renters
- Missed Loan Payment? Your Car Might Not Start
- Do You Text While Walking? This Lane Was Made for You
- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
If you haven’t heard yet, Google+ is a new social network run by (you guessed it) Google. It’s like a mix of Twitter and Facebook, with many of the best features of each. But Google+ brings additional privacy controls to the table, allowing you to easily choose who can see each thing you post or share.
In practice, it works great. Several of us at Money Talks News have been using the site for a while now, and we’ve found it an excellent place to spark discussions or discover new money-saving tips. Google+ is free to use, like Facebook or Twitter, and will probably end up making money by showing ads (for now, there are none).
You may have noticed the “+1″ sharing buttons around our site, located next to the Twitter and Facebook share buttons at the top of our stories. Those buttons are used by Google+, but clicking one also tells Google that you think the page you’re reading should show up at the top of their search results, where we want to be.
If you like one of our stories, the ultimate form of flattery is to click the “+1.” So while the site is only open to those who’ve been invited by another member, we’d like to share all of our invites with you!
Simply click one of the links below to sign up with an existing Google or Gmail account, or to create a new one. Each link is good for approximately 150 people to use: First come, first served. And when you do get in, be sure to add us to one of your circles. Links to our profiles are below.
For now, Google+ is only open to individuals, so we don’t have an official profile for Money Talks News yet. When we get one, we’ll let everyone know.