- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
[One Cent at a Time] It took me a moment to realize this is reverse psychology. After all, there are so many personal-finance blogs out there giving really bad advice. But this is funny and educational at the same time – especially “Screw the budget” and “Play the lotto regularly.”
[Military Wallet] Some people deserve deals more than others. Sound biased? Well, when it comes to military veterans, I think they deserve a discount more than I do. That’s why this list is so cool: More than 20 chain restaurants (Denny’s to Subway) and other big businesses (Lowe’s, Amazon) are offering discounts next Friday for Veteran’s Day. If you know some vets, point them here.
[Moneycrush] It amazes me how many ways do-it-yourselfers can save money. I consider myself handy around the house, but I don’t think I’d tackle these nine steps to removing a tree and its stump. Still, it’s a fascinating way to save hundreds or even thousands, and I’m glad the info is out there for those who want it.
[The Millionaire Nurse Blog] I’m not a nurse (although my girlfriend is) and I don’t know any millionaire nurses. And this particular post has nothing to do with nurses – but it’s a solid beginner’s list of what you need to save money when hosting a reception for a boss or bigwig.
[Give Me Back My Five Bucks] I’m in my 50s living in Florida. So why should I care about the spending habits of a 20-something woman in Canada? Well, this one lists everything she buys and earns in a week, and it’s strangely appealing.