- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
- 1 in 4 Jobs in the US Are Low-Paying
- Is Dental Insurance Worth the Cost?
[One Cent at a Time] It took me a moment to realize this is reverse psychology. After all, there are so many personal-finance blogs out there giving really bad advice. But this is funny and educational at the same time – especially “Screw the budget” and “Play the lotto regularly.”
[Military Wallet] Some people deserve deals more than others. Sound biased? Well, when it comes to military veterans, I think they deserve a discount more than I do. That’s why this list is so cool: More than 20 chain restaurants (Denny’s to Subway) and other big businesses (Lowe’s, Amazon) are offering discounts next Friday for Veteran’s Day. If you know some vets, point them here.
[Moneycrush] It amazes me how many ways do-it-yourselfers can save money. I consider myself handy around the house, but I don’t think I’d tackle these nine steps to removing a tree and its stump. Still, it’s a fascinating way to save hundreds or even thousands, and I’m glad the info is out there for those who want it.
[The Millionaire Nurse Blog] I’m not a nurse (although my girlfriend is) and I don’t know any millionaire nurses. And this particular post has nothing to do with nurses – but it’s a solid beginner’s list of what you need to save money when hosting a reception for a boss or bigwig.
[Give Me Back My Five Bucks] I’m in my 50s living in Florida. So why should I care about the spending habits of a 20-something woman in Canada? Well, this one lists everything she buys and earns in a week, and it’s strangely appealing.