- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
We’ve all been there. In the last-minute rush to get something, anything, you run to the store and grab a gift you know isn’t right, but is at least – you pray – slightly better than nothing. God forbid you show up empty-handed. They can take it back if they don’t like it, right?
Then there’s testing your acting skills by being on the receiving end of this annual holiday nightmare. You open the results of Aunt Edna’s well-intentioned but uninformed annual pilgrimage to the mall, and there they are: plaid golf shorts. Thank goodness you don’t play golf. “I expect to see you wearing those the next time I visit!” she says. You smile and silently resolve to never see Aunt Edna again.
If you can relate, it’s time to convert your cheesy, offbeat, and useless gifts from holidays past into something equally cheesy, offbeat, and useless: the legendary Money Talks News “Broke, Stupid and Lonely” T-shirt. Just tell the story of the worst holiday gift you ever got on our Facebook page. If your fellow readers “like” your horrible story the most, you win!
Good luck to all. And happy shopping!