- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
Last month, we wrote an article called 6 Ways to Save on Cigarettes. Turns out one of our readers followed the advice in the article, then saw her potential savings go up in smoke. Here’s an email I received yesterday…
A little over a month ago, you recommended “savings” on cigarette purchases by using BestCigarettesShop.com. I placed an order and was charged over a month ago, but no product ever arrived. It was invoiced through Bejing China (not disclosed at time of order). When I inquired over shipping status of order I received the following email back:
“Ukrainian Authorities are performing a financial and compliance audit check at Ukrainian Postal Service. That is why all shipments are held at the post offices until this ends. We are informed that shipments will be issued within 2 weeks. Should we make full refund?”
Seems like this might be a scam. Just thought you should know so you don’t recommend this odd entity that invoices through China & does not actually ship product.
Granted, this is only one email from one unknown reader and even the best companies make mistakes. But if there’s the slightest chance of a repeat performance, thought I’d share the news. If anyone else out there has experience with this company or others in the butt business, good or bad, please share it either below or on our Facebook page.
And keep the feedback coming. This site is here to make you wealthier, one day at a time. Help everyone by sharing your ideas and experiences!