- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
Is the economy finally catching up to the most recession-proof industry? “Across the four biggest sports in the U.S., several teams have seen a massive decline in their attendance,” MSNBC reports. “39 of the 122 professional sports teams lost money last year.” So much for rich owners in their skyboxes…
If you thought Starbucks were everywhere before, now the chain has even more juice. Literally. “The coffee giant acquired juice company Evolution Fresh for $30 million,” CNN reports. “In early or mid 2012, the company plans to start a new, separate health and wellness retail chain.”
From the why-didn’t-someone-think-of-this-before department: Ford’s new “Hands-Free Lift Gate” allows “anyone who has the car keys [to] kick a foot under the back bumper to hoist the tailgate,” USA Today reports. It’ll debut on the 2013 Escape SUV.
If your Christmas presents this year don’t average $46 each, then you’re worth less than a dog. “Just over half of American pet owners will buy gifts for their pets this holiday season, and they’ll spend an average of $46 on their animals,” MSNBC reports. Topping Santa’s list: toys and treats.
While not funny to most of the country, some CEOs are laughing all the way to the bank. “Recent deals — making retiring executives newly minted $100 million (and up) men — are raising eyebrows even among those accustomed to oversized payouts,” USA Today reports. “The golden parachute is evolving into the platinum kiss.”