- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
Today is free shipping day: Following is a press release from freeshippingday.com that includes some store offers that make that free shipping even more enticing.
Organizers originally projected participating merchants would hit 2,000 this year, compared to the 2010 total of over 1,750. That mark was left in the dust when upwards of 2,500 stores registered as of Thursday, with more than 75 percent offering free shipping on all orders or better.
New features to this year’s Free Shipping Day site include category listings; a “Staff Favorites” page listing all merchants with free shipping-no minimum offers or better; a section for faster-delivery offers; and a category of merchants who offer free return shipping.
In addition to big-name retailers, many small businesses are also involved because, as Jennifer Colgan of Katie’s Charms said, “I’m always excited to see my little store’s logo right up there with brands like Zales and Ice.com. In 2009, my sales went up 600%!”
Some participating merchants are offering extra-special deals, including:
- JCrew – 30% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Ice.com – $25 off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Lands’ End – 40% off everything, plus free shipping on all orders
- eBags – 20% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Shoes.com – 20% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Gander Mountain – $20 off orders over $100, plus free shipping on all orders
- Tommy Hilfiger – 40% off everything except watches and fragrances, plus free shipping on all orders
- Hush Puppies – $10 off, plus free shipping on all orders