- The Allure of Medical Magnets and Other Unproven ‘Cures’
- 10 College Majors You May Regret Choosing
- Should the Knee Defender Be Allowed on Airline Flights?
- Wireless Carriers Duke It Out With Unlimited Data Plans
- You Won’t Believe What Hotels Are Charging for Now
- Ask Stacy: Will the $16.65B Bank of America Settlement Help Me With My Mortgage?
- Is Your Online Love Interest Putting Your Money at Risk?
- Rent Is Higher Than Ever in Most US Metro Areas
Today is free shipping day: Following is a press release from freeshippingday.com that includes some store offers that make that free shipping even more enticing.
Organizers originally projected participating merchants would hit 2,000 this year, compared to the 2010 total of over 1,750. That mark was left in the dust when upwards of 2,500 stores registered as of Thursday, with more than 75 percent offering free shipping on all orders or better.
New features to this year’s Free Shipping Day site include category listings; a “Staff Favorites” page listing all merchants with free shipping-no minimum offers or better; a section for faster-delivery offers; and a category of merchants who offer free return shipping.
In addition to big-name retailers, many small businesses are also involved because, as Jennifer Colgan of Katie’s Charms said, “I’m always excited to see my little store’s logo right up there with brands like Zales and Ice.com. In 2009, my sales went up 600%!”
Some participating merchants are offering extra-special deals, including:
- JCrew – 30% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Ice.com – $25 off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Lands’ End – 40% off everything, plus free shipping on all orders
- eBags – 20% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Shoes.com – 20% off, plus free shipping on all orders
- Gander Mountain – $20 off orders over $100, plus free shipping on all orders
- Tommy Hilfiger – 40% off everything except watches and fragrances, plus free shipping on all orders
- Hush Puppies – $10 off, plus free shipping on all orders