I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless, but a handful offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize for you here.
It’s Christmas Eve eve. If you still haven’t finished your shopping, your options are braving the lines at the mall or grabbing a gift card from anywhere within driving distance.
Even if you’re willing to spend a small fortune to overnight ship an online purchase, it may not arrive by Christmas Eve. (Check each store’s shipping cut-off dates and read Cheapest Overnight Shipping Options).
At brick-and-mortar stores, discounts are rare because retailers know that last-minute shoppers don’t have time to comparison shop. But a few national chains – mostly clothing stores that want to turn over inventory for the new year – are offering surprisingly good sales.
Below are the best in-store deals I’ve received over the past few days, plus a few more gift card freebies that have been announced since we published Where to Find Gift Card Freebies This Holiday Season…
- American Eagle Outfitters (for teens and younger adults): Additional 40 percent off almost everything in stores and online (use code 39427841) [12/24].
- Ann Taylor (for her): 50 percent off almost everything in stores and online (use code WINTER50) [expiration unknown].
- Coldwater Creek (for her): 50 percent off almost everything in stores and online (use code WZH1736) [12/27].
- Filene’s Basement (for the whole family): 50 to 70 percent off everything in stores [expiration unknown]. This is a going-out-of-business sale with only a few days left, so all sales are final.
- Nordstrom Rack (for the whole family): Up to 75 percent off in stores during the Clear the Racks sale [1/1].
- Baskin Robbins: $3 off a $15-plus cake purchase in stores (print first) [12/24].
- BJ’s Wholesale Club: $10 off a spiral ham plus free rolls in stores (pick up the coupon flyer when you enter) [12/28].
- Friendly’s: $5 off a $25-plus order (print first) [12/30].
- Hardee’s: Free Little Thickburger with the purchase of a Little Thickburger (print first) [12/24].
- Restaurant.com: 90 percent off restaurant gift certificates (use code JOY) [12/24]. That means a $25 certificate is $1! This only happens once or twice a year. And remember that Restaurant.com gift certificates can be printed, so shipping isn’t a problem.
- Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill: $10 off a $20-plus dine-in order (print first) [12/24].
Gift card freebies
- American Eagle Outfitters (for teens and younger adults): Free $10 money card with the purchase of a gift card in stores [12/24].
- Boston Market: Free $5 bonus card with the purchase of a $25 gift card in restaurants [expiration unknown].
- Chili’s: 10 percent off when you buy a $50-plus gift card in restaurants [expiration unknown]. Previously, this discount was only offered on $100-plus purchases.
- Friendly’s: Free $5 gift card with the purchase of $25 in gift cards in restaurants [expiration unknown].
- Romano’s Macaroni Grill: Free $5 bonus card with the purchase of a $25 gift card in restaurants and online [1/1].
Sign up for our free newsletter
Like this article? Sign up for our newsletter and we'll send you a regular digest of our newest stories, full of money saving tips and advice, free! We'll also email you a PDF of Stacy Johnson's '205 Ways to Save Money' as soon as you've subscribed. It's full of great tips that'll help you save a ton of extra cash. It doesn't cost a dime, so why wait? Click here to sign up now.