- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Oct. 25
- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Oct. 24
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
I’ve subscribed to the promotional emails of 500 companies and brands so that you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless, but a handful offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize for you here.
After-Christmas sales are still going strong – if not stronger than last week – at stores that are getting desperate to clear their seasonal merchandise before spring. So it’s a great time to take advantage.
Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Carter’s (for babies and kids): Up to 70 percent off during the Year-End Baby Sale in stores and online [expiration unknown].
- Danskin (activewear for girls and women): 40 percent off select styles online [expiration unknown].
- J. Crew (for the whole family): Additional 25 percent off final-sale items online (use code SHOPNOW) [1/6]. Note that these items are final sales and therefore can’t be returned.
- Jones New York (for adults): Up to 80 percent off online [1/6]. This is just about as high as JNY’s discounts go.
- Lord & Taylor (department store): 60 to 80 percent off select items in stores (print first) and online (use code TAKE2) [1/10]. I never set foot in Lord & Taylor because it’s out of my price range, but this discount – which you won’t see again for months – makes their prices quite affordable.
- Off 5th (for the whole family): Additional 30 percent off in stores (print first) [1/10].
- Harry & David (gourmet food gifts): Up to 33 percent off during the January Sale Event online [expiration unknown].
- O’Charley’s: $5 off a $20-plus order (print first) [1/5].
Health and beauty
- Beauty products: Nordstrom department stores hand out free high-end beauty product samples every Saturday in stores – no purchase necessary [expiration unknown].
- Drugstore.com: $5 off a $40-plus purchase [3/31]. Shipping is free! I’ve not seen an offer quite like this from Drugstore.com before (there’s no coupon or code required), so make sure you see the discount reflected in your order before you enter your payment info.
- Detergent: $0.50 off Fab laundry detergent at Family Dollar stores (print first) [1/8].
- Candles: 59 percent off 14.5-ounce, three-wick candles at Bath & Body Works stores and online [1/4]. These are the biggest candles they sell, and they claim this is the lowest they’ve ever sold for. If you have room to store some till December, they’ll make great inexpensive holiday gifts next season.
Office and school supplies
- Staples: $5 off a $25-plus purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code 36945) [1/7].
- Office Depot: $20 off a $100-plus purchase in stores (print first) and online (use code 24239010) [1/7].