- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
Rick Santorum is running for president, and while he won’t give you the shirt off his back for your vote, he will give you his sweater for $100. “The GOP presidential hopeful promises to send one of his iconic sweater vests to everyone who donates $100 or more to his campaign,” reports AOL Daily Finance. It’s gray, 100 percent cotton, and – of course – it’s made in America.
As tax season approaches, make no mistake: the IRS will catch it. “In 2010, it flagged 10.6 million math and clerical errors, up from 4 million in 2005,” CNN reports. “The reason: The IRS has greatly increased its use of automated systems.”
It’s nice to finally beat China at something economic, even if it’s just the rate at which the two countries sell cars. Why the change? “The Chinese government ended stimulus measures,” Bloomberg reports. So China only sold 18.5 million cars, trucks, and buses last year – or one for every man, woman, and child who lives in Florida.
It’s been said a Twinkie can last 90 years and still be edible. But the company that makes them couldn’t last that long and still be profitable. “Hostess filed for bankruptcy protection in an attempt to shrink a pile of debt amid soaring labor costs,” MSNBC reports. A healthier American consumer has meant less-healthy profits for the maker of Twinkies, Ding Dongs, Ho-Ho’s, and Wonder Bread.
Actually, more people are moving to Washington, D.C., according to a study by Atlas Van Lines. The nation’s capital “had the highest percentage of inbound moves for the sixth year in a row,” MSNBC reports. Cue Republican jokes about Democrats and big government…