- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
[Bargaineering] Maybe Aunt Agnes bought Series E savings bonds for you years ago, then forgot about it. This article will tell you how to do a search to find out, and maybe grab your share of billions of unclaimed money. Check out this article, then use TreasuryDirect.gov’s Treasury Hunt Tool to do your own treasure hunt!
[Consumerism Commentary] Everybody from personal finance bloggers to your boss sings the praises of 401(k) retirement plans. But nothing’s perfect. Check out this article to see five potential chinks in your retirement armor.
[Get Rich Slowly] Suze Orman’s new foray into the plastic jungle has created a lot of press and a lot of controversy. Here’s a popular blogger’s take on whether this is a card you should leave home without.
[Mint Life] Give them an allowance and teach them money management. Talk to them about the difficulty of saving and how to persevere. Then give them resources tailored for them that will show them how things work. Three ideas that can create a solid financial foundation – if you’ve got kids, read this.
[Moneyning] Anyone who’s tried to change any habit – financial or otherwise – knows how tough it can be. This post starts at the beginning and suggests confronting your roadblocks, making a plan, and creating the time in your schedule to bring it all together. It’s good stuff.