- The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the US
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
- 10 Things We Pay Too Much For (And How to Spend Less)
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- New California Law Protects Online Reviewers
- Marriott Drops a Hint: Please Tip the Maid
- New Security Measure Targets Card Thieves at Gas Pumps
Money Talks News has been around for more than 20 years as a TV series, and we’ve been online since there was such a thing. But it’s only been since January of 2010 that we decided to see if we could build a web presence and start connecting not just with TV news viewers, but readers too.
When we started posting written articles in January of 2010, we didn’t have a newsletter, much less a subscriber. Now more than 94,000 people get our newsletter every weekday.
While we’re pleased with our growth, it’s you who deserves the credit. We’ve never had an advertising budget – all our growth has been word-of-mouth. So we want to do something to say thanks, and have a little fun in the process: Let’s give away some money!
As of this morning, we had exactly 94,386 newsletter subscribers and 9,722 Facebook likes. We’re going to give a $500 Visa gift card to our 100,000th newsletter subscriber and another one to our 10,000th Facebook like. And so we don’t leave out those who are already subscribers or who have already liked us, we’re also going to give a $250 gift Visa card to anyone referring the winners in both categories. (We’ll simply ask the winners who referred them, check to see they’re current subscribers or like-ers, then pay up!)
As for how long it will take to achieve the magic numbers, there’s really no way to tell. Typically we get a couple of hundred newsletter subscribers daily, but there have been days when we’ve gotten a couple of thousand. In short, your guess is as good as ours.