- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Started Today: What You Need to Know
- 20 Ways (and 30 Apps) to Make Your Smartphone Pay for Itself
- 7 Reasons Why Your Debt Repayment Plan Isn’t Working
- Study: A Single Homeowner’s Insurance Claim Could Raise Premiums by 32 Percent
- How to Avoid Getting the Flu (or Worse) On an Airplane
- Liar Labels: Is That Farmers Market Food Really Local?
Money Talks News has been around for more than 20 years as a TV series, and we’ve been online since there was such a thing. But it’s only been since January of 2010 that we decided to see if we could build a web presence and start connecting not just with TV news viewers, but readers too.
When we started posting written articles in January of 2010, we didn’t have a newsletter, much less a subscriber. Now more than 94,000 people get our newsletter every weekday.
While we’re pleased with our growth, it’s you who deserves the credit. We’ve never had an advertising budget – all our growth has been word-of-mouth. So we want to do something to say thanks, and have a little fun in the process: Let’s give away some money!
As of this morning, we had exactly 94,386 newsletter subscribers and 9,722 Facebook likes. We’re going to give a $500 Visa gift card to our 100,000th newsletter subscriber and another one to our 10,000th Facebook like. And so we don’t leave out those who are already subscribers or who have already liked us, we’re also going to give a $250 gift Visa card to anyone referring the winners in both categories. (We’ll simply ask the winners who referred them, check to see they’re current subscribers or like-ers, then pay up!)
As for how long it will take to achieve the magic numbers, there’s really no way to tell. Typically we get a couple of hundred newsletter subscribers daily, but there have been days when we’ve gotten a couple of thousand. In short, your guess is as good as ours.