- 6 Ways to Ensure You’ll Have Enough Money in Retirement
- Your Early Holiday Present: Gas at $3 a Gallon or Less
- Nearly Half of US Workers Don’t Have a Work-Based Retirement Plan
- Lotteries Are Losing Their Allure With Some Customers
- Pop Quiz: Can You Profit When Stocks Fall?
- Cold Is Coming: 10 Ways to Winterproof Right Now
- Government Sues AT&T for Allegedly ‘Throttling’ Unlimited Data Customers
- Monthly Bills That Can’t Help Your Credit, But Can Hurt It
[Five Cent Nickel] I’ve written before about Why I Don’t Buy New Cars, so I enjoyed most of this article – which is really a personal tale of one man’s negotiations to get the car dealer to pay him more for his trade-in. But my follow-up advice would be to buy a used car from the same dealer and apply your trade-in value that way. If the dealer balks, go to another dealer. After all, there are plenty of them out there.
[The Simple Dollar] Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words. And this one graphically (no pun intended) shows what you get for your steep cell phone bill. Did you know that AT&T and Verizon control nearly 65 percent of the market? And according to this graphic, it’s not because of their excellent customer service.
[Get Rich Slowly] The cost of a dog is tangible, but the benefit is impossible to explain to someone who doesn’t have and love a dog of their own. To that person, $900 a year might seem like an extravagance. But I have a dog, and it’s not about the money. Still, if you want to save a few bucks, here’s how to make your own dog food.
[Money Crashers] With home sales finally making a slow and steady comeback, time to brush off those home-presentation skills that can help you eke out a little more cash than you’d otherwise get by leaving you house in its typically lived-in condition. Here’s a handy list of what to do.
[The Digerati Life] “If you’re a professional or if you’ve got management experience and find a need to change your job, it may be in your best interest to contact a professional placement agency.” Or it may not. Read this first before signing up.