- The Restless Project: Will I Have to Live With a Roommate Forever?
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Thinking About Holiday Shopping? Do a Financial Reality Check First
- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- The Restless Project: Can’t Get By on $60K, $80K, Even $100K?
- Your Calls and Texts Could Be Intercepted by Fake Cell Towers
Last year, a deal site called Eversave ran a Mother’s Day survey. Of the 187 women who answered, just more than 42 percent craved “a clean house” as much as a day at the spa.
Note: They did not say they craved to clean house, but to have a clean house. Big difference there.
And I bet if the survey were repeated this year, the result would be the same. So if you can afford it, why not grant both wishes?
Mother’s Day is approaching – it’s Sunday, May 13 – so it’s time to start watching for deals on massages and think of such things. You can bet that sites like Eversave and Groupon will be running specials on things moms like.
Incidentally, plenty of mums love flowers – but don’t limit yourself to cut blooms. Why not have a small flowering plant delivered, or select a rose bush or flowering shrub you know she’s been craving? You’ll earn good-child points for helping site and dig if you live nearby, or for arranging someone else to site and dig if you’re six states away.
More ways to save
If you’re new to savings websites, you may get a sign-up bonus that will further reduce the cost of your purchase. For extra credit: You might be able to purchase your voucher through a cash-back shopping site such as Extrabux or Mr. Rebates, thereby carving another 5 percent or so off the purchase price.
(And if you must do flowers? Some of the highest rates at cash-back sites are for floral services.)
Don’t see a deal you like? Check out the secondary market for discounted social commerce deals. DealsGoRound and Coup Recoup might be able to give you another shot at that lovely day spa or interesting new cupcake bakery.
You might have your own favorite shopping sites. Go with what works, but don’t wait until the last minute if you want the spa cards or sparklies delivered on time.