- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
[Five Cent Nickel] Graduation season starts today at many colleges around the country, mostly wrapping up a few more Fridays from now. Money Talks News has already delved into this topic (Happy Graduation! Here’s a Toilet Brush), but here are some more clever ideas, ranging from “a school memory book” to “a small, strong box.”
[Frugal Dad] Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words. This graphic shows you how much it costs when you get sick – and then it goes nuts and shows you what would happen if a flu pandemic broke out. Conclusion: Should you survive, you’ll be broke.
[The Simple Dollar] These really cool graphics seem to be a trend these days, so here’s another that illustrates the signs of burnout and stress – and then draws solutions.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens after you make it big? Here’s one woman’s story about how she neglected to pay her taxes and find a good accountant. The ending isn’t exactly happy, but it’s not depressing, either: “I do have a few regrets, but I still had a great run while it lasted!”
[Good Financial Cents] Speaking of stress and making and losing fortunes, here’s how to avoid all those problems. While I don’t necessarily agree with the first tip (“Turn off the news”), the others are solid. My favorite is “Do money dialogue.” Check it out.