- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
[Five Cent Nickel] Graduation season starts today at many colleges around the country, mostly wrapping up a few more Fridays from now. Money Talks News has already delved into this topic (Happy Graduation! Here’s a Toilet Brush), but here are some more clever ideas, ranging from “a school memory book” to “a small, strong box.”
[Frugal Dad] Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words. This graphic shows you how much it costs when you get sick – and then it goes nuts and shows you what would happen if a flu pandemic broke out. Conclusion: Should you survive, you’ll be broke.
[The Simple Dollar] These really cool graphics seem to be a trend these days, so here’s another that illustrates the signs of burnout and stress – and then draws solutions.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens after you make it big? Here’s one woman’s story about how she neglected to pay her taxes and find a good accountant. The ending isn’t exactly happy, but it’s not depressing, either: “I do have a few regrets, but I still had a great run while it lasted!”
[Good Financial Cents] Speaking of stress and making and losing fortunes, here’s how to avoid all those problems. While I don’t necessarily agree with the first tip (“Turn off the news”), the others are solid. My favorite is “Do money dialogue.” Check it out.