- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Budget from 1987 Tells the Tale: Americans Are Severely Underpaid
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
[Five Cent Nickel] Graduation season starts today at many colleges around the country, mostly wrapping up a few more Fridays from now. Money Talks News has already delved into this topic (Happy Graduation! Here’s a Toilet Brush), but here are some more clever ideas, ranging from “a school memory book” to “a small, strong box.”
[Frugal Dad] Sometimes a picture really is worth 1,000 words. This graphic shows you how much it costs when you get sick – and then it goes nuts and shows you what would happen if a flu pandemic broke out. Conclusion: Should you survive, you’ll be broke.
[The Simple Dollar] These really cool graphics seem to be a trend these days, so here’s another that illustrates the signs of burnout and stress – and then draws solutions.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens after you make it big? Here’s one woman’s story about how she neglected to pay her taxes and find a good accountant. The ending isn’t exactly happy, but it’s not depressing, either: “I do have a few regrets, but I still had a great run while it lasted!”
[Good Financial Cents] Speaking of stress and making and losing fortunes, here’s how to avoid all those problems. While I don’t necessarily agree with the first tip (“Turn off the news”), the others are solid. My favorite is “Do money dialogue.” Check it out.