- The Eagles Ban Cellphones During Their Classic Rock Concerts
- 7 Percent of US Workers Have Garnished Wages
- Women: A Taxi Just for You
- Tons of Simple Hacks for Stuff You Do Every Day
- How to Keep Your Grandparents From Being Ripped Off by Mail Scams
- Most US Families Aren’t Mired in Credit Card Debt
- Fewer Americans Have Retirement Accounts, New Study Says
- More US Seniors Are Struggling With Student Loan Debt
[Moneyning] Ah, summertime. Spending all day outdoors is refreshing. And sometimes annoying. Here’s a list of cost-effective ways to treat everything from sunburn to poison ivy to bee stings.
[Bargaineering] Speaking of summer activities, it’s a lot safer to stay indoors. But going to the movies can be an expensive inside activity. Here’s a list of 15 theater chains that offer flicks “absolutely free for the kids and a few bucks for the parents.”
[Money Crashers] If you really want to get away this summer, try volunteering overseas. “Before you go traipsing the globe, it’s important to ask yourself some questions.” Here are the most important ones.
[Wise Bread] Painting the inside of your house is an easy DIY project. But the outside? Mess that up, and not only does it look bad, it could damage the weatherproofing of your most valuable possession. But this is a thorough yet readable tutorial on how to do it right and cheap.
[Five Cent Nickel] What do throwing a big party at your house and living abroad for a few months have in common? Both can cause you big insurance headaches if you’re not careful. Consult this simple list to ensure you’re not going to suffer needlessly.