- Los Angeles Is the Latest City to Consider a Minimum Wage Hike
- Corporate Taxes Are 10 Percent of Federal Revenue, Down from 30 Percent
- Spare Tires Are Disappearing From New Cars
- Ask Stacy: How Am I Supposed to Live on Social Security?
- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
[MoneyNing] How do you get your kids to drop the video-game controller and get out of the house? Here’s some advice for doing just that – without spending very much.
[Money Crashers] Continuing on the summer theme, here’s a list of cities broken down by “travel,” “accommodations,” and “attractions.” And there are some solid choices you might not otherwise think of – like Pheonix, Houston, and Kansas City.
[Bargaineering] You can’t recycle electronics like you do newspaper and aluminum cans – by dropping them into a blue bin and having someone fetch them from your curb. But you can recycle online, and you can even profit from it. Here’s how.
[Five Cent Nickel] Think of anything you need, and there’s an app for that. (Money Talks News has written about a lot of them, although my favorite is 4 Free Tasty Apps for Foodies.) Given the summer driving you’ll probably do, read up on the app-tly named “Find Gas Near Me.”
[Generation X Finance] Speaking of tech, ever heard of Pinterest? If you’re a guy, maybe not – the social media site estimates up to 80 percent of its users are women. So what is it, exactly? Pinterest is Facebook for photos. But you can use it not only to share photos, but also to conduct business. Here’s an introductory crash course.