- Today’s Deals: Saturday, Aug. 30
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
- The Top-Rated Credit Cards in the US
- 17 Remarkably Easy Ways to Raise Holiday Shopping Cash
- Today’s Deals: Friday, Aug. 29
- Take 5: A Roundup of Reads From Around the Web
- Want to Improve Your Health? Contribute to a 401(k)
I subscribe to the promotional emails of hundreds of companies so you don’t have to. I sift through 1,000 deal-touting emails every week. Most are worthless. But some offer valuable coupons, promo codes, sales, and freebies – which I collect and organize here and on our deals page.
Note: Expiration dates are in brackets.
Books and music
- Free book: For kids who participate in Barnes & Noble’s summer reading program [expiration unknown].
- Songs: 25 cents each at Amazon.com [expiration unknown].
- Albums: $3 each at Amazon.com [expiration unknown].
- True Value (home improvement store): $10 off a $75-plus purchase online (use code SAVE10) [9/9].
Office and school
- Staples: $5 off a $50-plus purchase in stores (print first) [8/4].
- Post-it notebook pockets: $2 off (print first) [expiration unknown]. This is a new product.
- 16GB Apple iPad with Wi-Fi: $30 off at Buy.com [expiration unknown]. Instead of $517, it’s $487 – and shipping is free. This deal comes in black and white.
- 16GB flash drive (SanDisk Cruzer): $9 – plus free shipping – at Buy.com [expiration unknown]. I own one of these models and love it because the USB tip is retractable, which means there’s no lid to lose.
- American Girl (doll company): Up to 70 percent off outfits, books, and more online [expiration unknown].
Clothing, shoes, and accessories
- Jeans (for teens and young adults): 50 percent off at Abercrombie & Fitch stores and online [8/8].
- American Apparel (for him and her): 30 percent off during the Summer Sale online (use code SUMMER2012) [8/5].