- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
The richest guy in Congress for the second year in a row is Rep. Michael McCaul, a Republican from Texas. He tops everyone else on the list by at least $90 million.
He’s worth a minimum of $290.5 million, according to political news site The Hill, which just released its annual list of the 50 Wealthiest Lawmakers today. Here’s how they introduce the list…
This year’s wealthy list tilts decisively once again toward the right side of the aisle, with 31 of the 50 richest coming from the GOP. Thirty-one of the lawmakers on the list are from the House, with the remaining 19 coming from the Senate.
If you want to see the whole list, you’ll have to click through 50 pages – because The Hill explains where everybody’s money comes from. But while Republicans take the top slot and make up the bulk of the list, Democrats comprise most of the Top 10:
- Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) – $290.5 million
- Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) – $198.8 million
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) – $140.6 million
- Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) – $91.1 million
- Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) – $85.9 million
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) – $83.1 million
- Sen. Richard Blumental (D-Conn.) – $80.1 million
- Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) – $56.9 million
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) – $47.2 million
- Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio) – $36.7 million
Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan – the only sitting Congressman running for the executive branch this November – doesn’t make the list at all. His net worth is at least $2.2 million, while No. 50 on the list is Rep. Cynthia Lummis, a Republican from Wyoming worth $5.9 million.