- Feds Target Suspected Payday Loan Scams
- America’s 10 Best Cities to Live In
- Occupy Wipes Out Nearly $4 Million in Strangers’ Student Loan Debt
- The Most Counterfeited Products and 8 Ways to Avoid Purchasing Them
- 5 Reasons to Take a Company Buyout (And Why You Might Think Twice)
- The 10 Most Dangerous Jobs in the US
- Family Caregivers Pay a High Price for Taking Care of Loved Ones
- Are You an Employee or a Contractor? (In Other Words, Is Your Boss Ripping You Off?)
The richest guy in Congress for the second year in a row is Rep. Michael McCaul, a Republican from Texas. He tops everyone else on the list by at least $90 million.
He’s worth a minimum of $290.5 million, according to political news site The Hill, which just released its annual list of the 50 Wealthiest Lawmakers today. Here’s how they introduce the list…
This year’s wealthy list tilts decisively once again toward the right side of the aisle, with 31 of the 50 richest coming from the GOP. Thirty-one of the lawmakers on the list are from the House, with the remaining 19 coming from the Senate.
If you want to see the whole list, you’ll have to click through 50 pages – because The Hill explains where everybody’s money comes from. But while Republicans take the top slot and make up the bulk of the list, Democrats comprise most of the Top 10:
- Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) – $290.5 million
- Sen. John Kerry (D-Mass.) – $198.8 million
- Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) – $140.6 million
- Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.) – $91.1 million
- Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) – $85.9 million
- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-W. Va.) – $83.1 million
- Sen. Richard Blumental (D-Conn.) – $80.1 million
- Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.) – $56.9 million
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) – $47.2 million
- Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio) – $36.7 million
Republican VP candidate Paul Ryan – the only sitting Congressman running for the executive branch this November – doesn’t make the list at all. His net worth is at least $2.2 million, while No. 50 on the list is Rep. Cynthia Lummis, a Republican from Wyoming worth $5.9 million.