- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
It’s 5 o’clock somewhere – and Hotels.com teamed up with T.G.I. Fridays to try to figure out where and what. Maybe they were a little tipsy doing it too, because the results are a little fuzzy.
“The Sip Statistics is a fun way to discover the drinks that are the favorites of the locals in various vacation destinations across the nation,” says Hotels.com spokesperson Taylor L. Cole. “Friday’s has even provided their summer drink recipes so travelers can enjoy their favorite summer flavors – no matter where they are or what time of year it is.”
Their “Sip Statistics” are based on drinking data Friday’s collected in 15 major cities. They break the results into four categories: Margarita, Long Island Iced Tea, Mojito, and Tropical.
But the results are kind of silly – their infographic says the No. 1 choice is the Long Island Iced Tea in all of them except Austin, where the Margarita is favored. Nobody likes Tropical or Mojito best, yet the press release pretends otherwise, pairing these drinks and cities…
- Long Island Iced Tea – New York City
- Mojito – Chicago, Miami & Denver
- Margarita – Austin, Dallas, Houston & San Antonio
- Tropical – Orlando & Philadelphia
It’s kind of like elementary school, where everybody gets an award even if you didn’t make the honor roll or have perfect attendance. “Most improved frosty beverage”? The real results, and the aforementioned recipes, are in their graphic below.