- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
[Moneyning] Some of these suggestions are obvious – visit the park, feed some animals – but one of them I had never heard of before. It’s called geocaching. It involves a GPS-enabled phone and a treasure hunt. Check it out.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens when one friend earns a lot more money than the other friend? Nothing good. But here’s a list of the problems that come with financial inequality – and some real solutions.
[Wise Bread] This is a simple list that really brought me back – especially No. 17: “You know what Green Stamps are.” Oh, and No. 15: “There’s an almanac somewhere in your home.” Whatever happened to both those things?
[Mintlife] Not being a woman, I didn’t know very much about WOSBs. I do now. “The WOSB program was established to help women-owned businesses procure sole-source government contracts in the manufacturing and goods and services sectors.” A great and detailed read for all women who are entrepreneurs.
[The Consumerist] If you hate your cable company, this won’t change your mind: An 86-year-old man “says that when he went online to pay his bill of $64.53, he accidentally omitted the decimal point and entered $6453 – 100 times what he owed the cable company.” And now Comcast didn’t want to correct it until reporters got involved.