- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
- Bank With Citibank? You’re About to Pay a Lot More
- FTC: ‘Free’ Products Aren’t Free
- Ask Stacy: Should I Borrow From My Retirement Account to Pay Debts?
- Are You Wasting Your Money Buying Organic Food?
- Get Your Drink On for Cheap in These Cities
- Obama Makes Government Credit Cards Safer
- Apple Pay Begins: What You Need to Know
[Moneyning] Some of these suggestions are obvious – visit the park, feed some animals – but one of them I had never heard of before. It’s called geocaching. It involves a GPS-enabled phone and a treasure hunt. Check it out.
[Get Rich Slowly] What happens when one friend earns a lot more money than the other friend? Nothing good. But here’s a list of the problems that come with financial inequality – and some real solutions.
[Wise Bread] This is a simple list that really brought me back – especially No. 17: “You know what Green Stamps are.” Oh, and No. 15: “There’s an almanac somewhere in your home.” Whatever happened to both those things?
[Mintlife] Not being a woman, I didn’t know very much about WOSBs. I do now. “The WOSB program was established to help women-owned businesses procure sole-source government contracts in the manufacturing and goods and services sectors.” A great and detailed read for all women who are entrepreneurs.
[The Consumerist] If you hate your cable company, this won’t change your mind: An 86-year-old man “says that when he went online to pay his bill of $64.53, he accidentally omitted the decimal point and entered $6453 – 100 times what he owed the cable company.” And now Comcast didn’t want to correct it until reporters got involved.