- Ask Stacy: How Am I Supposed to Live on Social Security?
- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Bank Fees Hit New Highs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
A survey of 800 college football fans just released by Discover found many were willing to cater their big day to suit game day.
“51 percent said they would go ahead as planned if their teams played a big rival that day,” the survey says. “However, 25 percent said they would keep the time but have the game broadcast during the reception, 14 percent said they would change their wedding date, and 7 percent would just change the time.”
The poll was mainly about fan loyalty, however, so it’s less surprising that 83 percent find it “somewhat or very important” to watch every week, or that 88 percent “still watch their teams during a bad season.” Here’s who respondents think are the best teams right now…
- Alabama (32 percent)
- University of Southern California (17 percent)
- Oklahoma (7 percent)
- Louisiana State (7 percent)
- Oregon (4 percent)
- Florida State (4 percent)
- Michigan (2 percent)
- Georgia (1 percent)
- Some other team (18 percent)
- Not sure (9 percent)