- Los Angeles Is the Latest City to Consider a Minimum Wage Hike
- Corporate Taxes Are 10 Percent of Federal Revenue, Down from 30 Percent
- Spare Tires Are Disappearing From New Cars
- Ask Stacy: How Am I Supposed to Live on Social Security?
- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
McDonald’s will soon add calorie counts to its menu signs, says USA Today…
The move by the world’s largest fast-food chain comes as consumers, regulators and activists are pressuring the industry to improve food quality and share more nutritional information with consumers.
Health care reform included a proposed regulation to list calorie counts, but it hasn’t been approved or enforced yet by the FDA. McDonald’s is moving anyway, and USA Today adds, “Industry rivals are expected to quickly follow McDonald’s menu changes, which start next week.”
My local McDonald’s already made the switch, sometime last week. I enjoyed my 520-calorie Quarter Pounder anyway.