- How Come You Still Can’t Get a Home Loan?
- You May Want to Retire in One of These States
- Is It OK to Use Your Smartphone While Dining in a Restaurant?
- Walmart Offers an Alternative to a Bank Checking Account
- Ask Stacy: The Millennials Are Ruining This Country. What Can We Do?
- 4 Months of Emails Are MIA — What Should We Do?
- Are In-Flight Mobile Phone Calls a Recipe for Disaster and Passenger Fights?
- There’s No Such Thing As Comfort Food
Our headline is celebrating the approach of Halloween, but to celebrate the end of summer, Google is having a little creepy fun itself, revealing our search trends to guess where we spent our time…
Our Google Maps team thought it’d be fun to see how those of us in the Northern Hemisphere have spent the dog days. To do this, we reviewed the summer search activity on maps.google.com in several countries between the end of May and the beginning of September. Within each country, a look at some of the top-rising searches and the often-searched landmarks on Google Maps gives us a sense of how people around the world spent their summers.
Canadians enjoyed summer tours of zoos and gardens. Americans sought national parks, Hawaii, or beaches. People in Spain, Italy, and France just headed to the pool. You can see more in the huge infographic below (click on it to enlarge it).