- Dentists’ Tricks of the Trade: Don’t Get Drilled by Dental Bills
- 7 Tidbits of Financial Advice You Should Ignore
- ‘Doctor’ Regularly Appearing on National TV is a Fake, Says Texas AG
- UPS Rates Set to Climb in 2015
- Are Your Car’s Airbags Safe?
- 5 Lies Retailers Tell (And How to Avoid Falling for Them)
- How to Lose the Most Money Possible When You Buy a Car
- Security Expert: Uninstall Your Flashlight App Immediately
Our headline is celebrating the approach of Halloween, but to celebrate the end of summer, Google is having a little creepy fun itself, revealing our search trends to guess where we spent our time…
Our Google Maps team thought it’d be fun to see how those of us in the Northern Hemisphere have spent the dog days. To do this, we reviewed the summer search activity on maps.google.com in several countries between the end of May and the beginning of September. Within each country, a look at some of the top-rising searches and the often-searched landmarks on Google Maps gives us a sense of how people around the world spent their summers.
Canadians enjoyed summer tours of zoos and gardens. Americans sought national parks, Hawaii, or beaches. People in Spain, Italy, and France just headed to the pool. You can see more in the huge infographic below (click on it to enlarge it).