- What If You Can’t Pay Your Medical Bills?
- IPhone 6 Is Expected to Include a Mobile Wallet
- SAT Tutor Caters to the Kids of the Very Wealthy
- Report: Students Should Beware of Campus Debit Cards
- The Best and Worst Things to Buy in September
- 7 Tips to Slash the Cost of Car Repairs
- Millennials Prefer Plastic to Cash for Small Purchases
- Many Believe That Carrying a Balance Will Improve Their Credit Score
Avast! Today ye arrrr supposed t’ talk like a pirate, on account o’ it being International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
As we mention in our deals o’ the day post, set sail for Krispy Kreme an’ ye can get your scurvy self a free doughnut. (A dozen, if ye dress like a pirate.) Ye can also get free fish at Long John Silver’s.
The holiday be celebratin’ its 10th anniversary, and if ye haven’t yet heard the story o’ how it startet, here ye go. In short, two swabbies asked a Pulitzer-winning humor columnist t’ promote their in-joke as a real holiday. An’ he did, in a 2002 column ye can still read today.
Landlubbers loved it, and today thar’s even a pirate language version o’ Google (though it don’t change the results – stuff like Google News becomes “Happenin’s About”). If ye want t’ read more pirate talk, plug in website addresses at the bottom here.
An’ check the related links for advice relevant t’ pirates: how to find treasure, acquire a sea-faring vessel, and – arrrrr – give up piracy.