- How to Avoid a Delayed Flight and Other Air Travel Woes
- IPhone 6 Feature Prevents Law Enforcement From Accessing Your Data
- Go Big or Go Home: The Million-Dollar Halloween Costume
- Pop Quiz: Does an Airline Have to Put You Up in a Hotel When Your Flight is Canceled?
- The Restless Project: $60K Income Doesn’t Cut It for My Family
- Target May Be Starting a Free-Shipping War
- Who is the Richest Person in Your State?
- MasterCard Introducing Fingerprint-Scanning Credit Card
Avast! Today ye arrrr supposed t’ talk like a pirate, on account o’ it being International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
As we mention in our deals o’ the day post, set sail for Krispy Kreme an’ ye can get your scurvy self a free doughnut. (A dozen, if ye dress like a pirate.) Ye can also get free fish at Long John Silver’s.
The holiday be celebratin’ its 10th anniversary, and if ye haven’t yet heard the story o’ how it startet, here ye go. In short, two swabbies asked a Pulitzer-winning humor columnist t’ promote their in-joke as a real holiday. An’ he did, in a 2002 column ye can still read today.
Landlubbers loved it, and today thar’s even a pirate language version o’ Google (though it don’t change the results – stuff like Google News becomes “Happenin’s About”). If ye want t’ read more pirate talk, plug in website addresses at the bottom here.
An’ check the related links for advice relevant t’ pirates: how to find treasure, acquire a sea-faring vessel, and – arrrrr – give up piracy.