- Student Loan Debt Is Keeping Adult Kids From Leaving the Nest
- The Crime Americans Worry About Most Is the Hacking a Credit Card
- 64 Countries Have a Smaller Gender Pay Gap Than the US, Study Says
- Does Money Lingo Make Your Head Spin? Here’s What It Really Means
- Budget from 1987 Tells the Tale: Americans Are Severely Underpaid
- Trick-or-Treaters Want Cash, Not Treats
- Fast-Food Workers (McDonald’s Included) Earn $20 an Hour in Denmark
- Delinquent Doctors Publicly Outed for Unpaid Student Loans
Avast! Today ye arrrr supposed t’ talk like a pirate, on account o’ it being International Talk Like a Pirate Day.
As we mention in our deals o’ the day post, set sail for Krispy Kreme an’ ye can get your scurvy self a free doughnut. (A dozen, if ye dress like a pirate.) Ye can also get free fish at Long John Silver’s.
The holiday be celebratin’ its 10th anniversary, and if ye haven’t yet heard the story o’ how it startet, here ye go. In short, two swabbies asked a Pulitzer-winning humor columnist t’ promote their in-joke as a real holiday. An’ he did, in a 2002 column ye can still read today.
Landlubbers loved it, and today thar’s even a pirate language version o’ Google (though it don’t change the results – stuff like Google News becomes “Happenin’s About”). If ye want t’ read more pirate talk, plug in website addresses at the bottom here.
An’ check the related links for advice relevant t’ pirates: how to find treasure, acquire a sea-faring vessel, and – arrrrr – give up piracy.